If you own a business, you probably own some form of general liability insurance to protect you in the event of a lawsuit due to negligence on your part. However, there may be situations where the limits of your general policy may not provide adequate protection.
When serious situations arise, commercial umbrella insurance will help ensure that your business is protected. While no one wants accidents to happen, they do − and people sue. Here are a few possibilities:
- Your building has a carbon monoxide leak that results in multiple injuries and/or deaths
- Your business fails to render the appropriate professional services
- Your company holiday party gets out of hand resulting in various injuries and damages
- An employee driving their own car to a meeting accidentally strikes a pedestrian, and you get sued.
- A patron slips and falls and injures themselves while exiting your business, and you get sued.
- An advertisement lists the wrong number, causing thousands of annoying phone calls at an unrelated business, and you get sued.
Affordable Protection from Unexpected Risks
A business umbrella policy can help by providing increased limits of financial protection to your business from unexpected risks – and it’s surprisingly affordable. That’s because the underlying policy limits are used first and your commercial umbrella coverage limits only kick in after those policies have reached their limits. Make sure your business is taking advantage of this low cost type of insurance that will give you the peace of mind you deserve. Give us a call today and we will shop the carriers for the best rate for your business umbrella insurance.